Eleven (11, the number) is said to be the third honest number as it is two plus nine. It is the first palindrome prime number. It combines the elements of unity as it is represented by two ‘1’s and 1 more than 10, another complete and powerful number. Any power of this number (for example square or cube of 11) ends with 1, signifying unity and dominance. It has the powerful property of reading similarly, no matter whether the number is read upside down or in the right orientation.
Signifying unity and resolve, most games have teams of 11 people as well such as soccer or cricket. The number 11, when broken down as added (1+1=2), represents duality as well signifying unity even in plurality.
Number 11 in Numerology: Born on 11th
People born on 11th of any month are known to very idealistic and are believed to have a great deal of intuition. They are:
- fine counselors or healers and are very inspiring
- highly sensitive, reactive and emotional
- known to get hurt with criticism
- likely to pursue philosophy and idealism
- famous for their leadership skills
Some of the famous people born on the 11th are Thomas Edison, Rupert Murdoch, D H Lawrence, Leonardo DiCaprio and Demi Moore.
Significance of Number 11 in Religions
- Christianity: Number 11 is associated with judgment and disorder. There are eleven judgments upon the Egyptians. Both Canaan and Jacob had 11 sons. There were eleven disciples.
- Jews: The Eleventh year of Zedekiah, in which Jerusalem was broken
- Buddhism: There are 11 groups of kindness.
Number 11 Facts – 11:11 Phenomenon
As per a common observation, people who get drawn to 11:11, 12:12 or 10:10 have the 11:11 phenomenon. This phenomenon stems from the idea of synchronicity and thus is attached with the notions of order, regularity and fortune.